HAPPY HOLIDAY(S)

Miss Neat,Prim and Proper! That's a name I have heard people call me over time, 'You're so careful while handling stuffs' they say. They're good compliment (flattery) ;;) but the truth is I could get messy when I need to, there's time for everything you know . You should come to my house one weekend and see me scrubbing the toilet like my life depends on it or see me downing my Pounded Yam(not poundo o) when its combined with efo riro and orisirisi inside( God bless my mother!). I practically take off my shirt and unzip my trouser so the food can go to the right places, no hanging anywhere.
You can't blame me tho I'm an African lady (Abeokuta to be precise) besides Pounded Yam is my best native meal.

Anywayz! That aside, as we all know, its a season of celebration… Whoop! Whoop! A time to visit friends and family, a time to propagate the Gospel and tell people about Jesus Christ the saviour O:) and of cos A H.O.L.I.D.A.Y. Just writing that word used to give me extravagant joy until now, the funny thing is I do not have any major plan(s) for that period I'm a very boring somebody*, I hardly go out but family comes first after God right? So spending the period with them and my bed (^_^) is just what I need to freshen up after a hectic but interesting month. Ok! I wrote period twice in my last sentence and that's really awkward
Moving on, I wanna enlighten You guys a little about easter and what it really means/represents. The truth is just like me (back then) so many people out there assume that easter is another festive period/holiday where they wine and dine with friends, stay home instead of working or going to school and of cos colouring eggs and hiding them from kids :]Y :s. All these are wonderful and beautiful reasons to celebrate easter but let's not forget the main reason which is the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead 3 days after he was executed unjustly. I'll explain; after Jesus christ was crucified on a friday (which we now refer to as good friday), his body was taken down from the cross and buried in a tomb which was carefully guarded by soldiers so his body won't be stolen.
On the sunday, Mary Magdalene went to visit the tomb (to Spray perfume and probably put flowers) then she found out that the stone(cover of the tomb) had been removed so she peeped inside and saw that Jesus' body was no longer there :O. She sharply sent for the disciples; Jesus himself was later seen that day by Mary & other disciples and 40 days afterwards by many people. Now that's the main reason for Celebrating this season… 'His Resurrection'
The koko of the gist here is that we should not forget the main reason for the season (did You see that rhyme? No? Nevermind!), as we have fun, share gift and receive gifts let us remember not to nail christ on the cross a second time by our actions and sinful behaviour but let us try as much as possible to live right.
On a final note, too much of everything is not good, let's be moderate in whatever we do.
HAPPY HOLIDAY(S)!!!!

6 comments:

Beautiful blogger,have been reading ur articles now for more than a month.all I can say. Is dat they are amazing...

Anonymous
April 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM comment-delete

Interesting...

Anonymous
April 1, 2013 at 11:45 AM comment-delete

Where is my own pounded yam...??

Anonymous
April 1, 2013 at 11:47 AM comment-delete

Hehehehe....can't stop laffin,I simply. Luv dis blogger.

Anonymous
April 1, 2013 at 11:49 AM comment-delete

Nike you are enjoying oooo..

Anonymous
April 1, 2013 at 12:02 PM comment-delete

Food monger..luvly write up + pix

Anonymous
April 4, 2013 at 1:13 AM comment-delete

Post a Comment